Deadline: 8 November 2019
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Manager, Project Delivery in Washington, DC, United States.
The Manager, Project Delivery will be responsible for day-to-day management activities of the project team, harmonizing technical goals and compliance with our client agreements, regulations, and internal policies.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Manager, Project Delivery will perform the following functions:
- Project Management
- Plan and manage project start-up and closeout, supporting in-country corporate registration as needed.
- Serve as the project’s primary liaison with corporate services, Senior Managers, Project Delivery, and Compliance and Project Excellence Hub.
- Prepare and maintain project specific components of the project management manual.
- Establish project offices and office infrastructure; facilitate field office leases.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and monitoring of project work plans, tracking project deliverables and monitoring project delivery against spending forecasts.
- Support development and presentation of internal and external reporting (for example: quarterly Internal Project
- Reviews, CPARs, project risk assessments, annual reviews, and client deliverables).
- Head Contract and Client Relationship Management
- Monitor and maintain compliance with head/prime contracts including agreement action requests (i.e., travel, personnel changes, grant approvals, budget realignments, etc.).
- Liaise with C&C to communicate with contracting and agreement officers or other client representatives on any matters that make legal or financial commitments for Palladium.
- Monitor and report on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities.
- Develop, manage and support contract amendments as required.
- Financial Management
- Ensure company policies for financial management are implemented and are compliant with the client’s rules and regulations.
- Ensure that project levels of delegated authority issued are in accordance with Palladium’s Expenditure Approval and Signature Authority Policy and Guidelines and manage the process for higher-level approvals as required.
- Collaborating with Financial Management establish project charge codes, ensuring they meet client and project requirements for cost allocation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting.
- In collaboration with Treasury, facilitate project bank accounts set-up with appropriate company and project signatories.
- Ensure the project financial calendar is adhered to including monitoring, reconciling, and reporting expense advances monthly.
- Leads monitoring budget progress against forecast as one metric to track project progress against its work plan; proactively seeks to solve shortages or overages against the frozen forecast as needed.
- Human Resource Management and Recruitment
- Oversee project human resource planning, recruitment, contracting, with field teams and coordinate inputs from Compliance, HR, and Talent Acquisition teams (i.e. benefits, local labor law, etc.).
- Working with associate, maintain project data on relevant HR systems for short-term and long-term staff and consultants; is maintained accurately.
- Lead the mobilisation and demobilisation of all international staff (short-term and long-term) including contracting (in coordination with HR) and travel management.
- Serve as primary supervisor to one or more Associate(s), Project Delivery, or Senior Associate(s), Project Delivery.
- In conjunction with the PMU, and the Senior Manager, Project Delivery, engage in employee onboarding and training, educating new staff on policies, procedures, tools, and Palladium’s culture.
- Business Development / Other
- Contribute to company growth by ensuring assigned projects are managed well, ensuring Palladium is seen positively by clients for consideration in future business development.
- Participate in capture planning, providing inputs on implementation requirements.
- Provide input and support business development of the company as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- Works with respect and dignity for all colleagues and promotes a cooperative team working environment.
- Formal Project Management training and expertise is helpful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports.
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Ability to travel and work in developing countries for extended periods of time if needed.
- Adaptability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team as needed.
- Prior experience with USAID contracts and cooperative agreements is helpful.
- Proficiency in international languages is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.