Deadline: 11 February 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring Assistant in Dikhil, Djibouti.
The Monitoring Assistant will carry out follow-up activities in a specific coverage area and provide reports to support emergency response for emergency food aid.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Check the movement and distribution of food or non-food items, report problems or expected deviations to the supervisor for rapid problem resolution, and ensure that the quantity dispensed and the quality of the operation meet PAM.
- Maintain up-to-date information packages and documentation of the monitoring plan, such as commodity movement logs and program checklists, to assist in the efficient delivery and distribution of food products Or non-food products.
- Compile data on assistance provided by the Program in a concise manner to assist in the monitoring of program activities and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback to support program review and improve co-operation services.
- Receive and collect feedback and feedback from cooperating partners, and recipients, to support the identification of programmatic issues to support operational effectiveness.
- Provide guidance to cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods, to help them carry out self-monitoring tasks and contribute to WFP’s visibility in blanket.
- Prepare field mission reports to document the implementation of the program.
- Monitor the implementation of the emergency response process and procedures for emergency food aid.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree, or have completed high school.
- Experience in analyzing data on Program outputs and outputs.
- M & E system and WFP standard.
- Experience in the use of computers including word processing, spreadsheets and other software.
- Knowledge of WFP regulations, rules and policies and procedures in the field of work.
- Good oral and written expression in French.
- Fluency in local languages and knowledge of English is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.