Deadline: 8 July 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Programme Coordinator, Women Make the Change Programme in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The National Programme Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Women Make the Change Programme portfolio which includes coordinating relationships with national partners and stakeholders, and the monitoring and reporting, and the finances and personnel of the portfolio.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate the Women Make the Change Programme /Portfolios
- Coordinate the overall Programme/Portfolio work plan development and implementation according to Strategic Note/ programme document.
- Gather inputs and coordinate the preparation of work-plans, periodic narrative progress reports and expenditures status reports to the Donor, MPTF and UN Women.
- Guide coordination with national partners and other stakeholders
- Coordinate relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Women Leadership and Political Participation Programme/Portfolio, raise potential problems and provide solutions.
- Identify capacity building needs and support partners through technical assistance, mentoring, training, cross-partner learning, and capacity development initiatives.
- Coordinate the monitoring and reporting on the Women Make the Change Programme/Portfolios
- Gather and compile all information necessary for monitoring and reporting on programmes and projects from the planning to the evaluation stages.
- Monitor the implementation of activities and the expenditure of funds by partners; conduct regular monitoring visits.
- Draft and provide inputs to annual and quarterly reports; coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies
- Provide inputs to the development of partnerships and resource mobilization strategies.
- Advocate and facilitate knowledge building and management and communication
- Document the programme implementation process and products.
- Contribute to the exchange of information and provide inputs to the development of knowledge products internally and externally of the programme.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public administration, law, human rights, gender equality, management, social sciences or other related areas is required.
- Project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing complex and multi-component programme interventions with national partners, preferably related to Women Leadership and Political Participation Programme.
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects.
- Previous experience working in the UN system is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as in local language (Tok-Pisin) is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.