Deadline: 11 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Manager in Belgrade, Serbia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The National Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle, including successful implementation, day-to-day operations, regular contact and support to the donors, partners and beneficiaries.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Identify, analyze and consult with key stakeholders and ensure appropriate engagement strategies and plans are devised.
- Review project documentation such as legal agreement and budget details in oneUNOPS as well as draft the project initiation documentation and enter their details as well as any related documents into the oneUNOPS system.
- Identify and analyze key project threats and opportunities and implement appropriate risk responses.
- Develop or update the project management strategies and project management plan including work breakdown structure, sequencing of activities, key milestones, and schedule and reporting arrangements.
- Establish Project Board/Steering Committee and governance arrangements.
- Develop timely stage plans and have them authorized by the Project Board/Steering Committee.
- Plan the project, its finances and forecast cash flow.
- Raise exception plan if the project is expected to breach its tolerances.
- Deliver approved project plans within tolerances set by the Project Board.
- Update the project and stage plans.
- Create a detailed Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University/Master Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, International Relations, Political/Security/Development Studies, Civil Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree with two additional years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the Master Degree requirement.
- Two years (or more based on academic credentials) of progressive experience in project management, with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination in either public or private sector organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in working with government officials and donor representatives, preferably in similar projects/programmes, is essential.
- Management of infrastructure projects and FIDIC contracts modalities is an asset.
- Contract management of UN contracts is an asset.
- Experience in the EU funded projects is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Serbian is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.