Deadline: 21 December 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Project Support Analyst in Banjul, Gambia.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Project Support Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Project implementation
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring UNOPS Policies and Procedures, Financial Rules and Regulations (FRR) are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress.
- Monitor financials and advise the Project Manager accordingly.
- Track expenditure and take relevant action when required to revise budgets (realignment and amendment).
- Financial and procurement management
- Maintain all supporting project financial documents for audit and review processes.
- Ensure accurate data entry into UNOPS ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Monitor project budget and financial expenditure and all administrative procedures in line with the work-plan.
- Process direct payments and advance requests and prepare project budget revisions.
- Produce financial reports; including developing financial monitoring and reporting formats as per UNOPS requirements.
- Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide substantive inputs to assist the Project Manager in the preparation of project reports and documents.
- Maintain records of project files and other supporting documents.
- Maintain the following records: Quality Register, Configuration Item Records and all other registers/logs delegated by the Project Manager.
- Coordination and Liaison
- Supports the monitoring and administration of contract management (HR, Service Contracts, rental agreements etc.) for Project operations.
- Proactively coordinate/liaise with support units on all administrative matters related to contract management.
- Knowledge management and innovation
- Support the compilation of lessons learned as per defined reporting format.
- Operational and Logistics Support
- Review input of financial information, expenditures etc. in oneUNOPS.
- Liaise with the Finance Unit to process and monitor all payment requests within the Project.
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring all HR requirements and related activities under the Project.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Logistics, Emergency Management, International Relations, Economics, Accounting, and Finance or related field is a requirement.
- Relevant Diploma Certificates with 4 years of relevant working experience may also be considered.
- Relevant Secondary School certification with 6 years of relevant working experience may as well be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management and Operations Management with focus on monitoring, reporting, development and coordination.
- Experience in development projects, donors, and operations management is added advantage.
- Experience supporting stakeholder engagement and event organizing is an asset.
- Knowledge of UN rules and procedures in Procurement, Finance, HR Management and administrative rules and regulations is an added advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of another UNOPS official language is an added advantage.
- Nationality of Gambia.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to submit a CV and Cover letter with their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.