Deadline: 22 January 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Office Assistant in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Office Assistant contributes to the smooth running of the daily operations of the work unit.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Office Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Greet, assist and announce clients, vendors and others in the office.
- Provide appropriate responses and directs visitors to appropriate individuals.
- Operate the telephone switchboard: answering incoming calls and redirecting such calls to the appropriate staff.
- Pre-screen calls and provide necessary response. Take messages and deliver them accordingly.
- Operate various calls at the same time, facilitating a bridge.
- Back-up for other duties as required.
- Receive and keep a record of visitors and local staff, ensuring that visitors to the office are properly identified with visible tag while in the office.
- Ensure visitor lists are available well in advance of meetings.
- Ensure that all non-sensitive information is received on the first floor.
- Receive and distribute phone calls.
- Operation of standard security procedures, including but not limited to access control, threatening phone calls, evaluation, and alarm codes.
- Report immediately verbally and in writing, any incident or other unusual and / or suspicious situation to the Security Focal Point.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum High-School Diploma but Bachelor’s diploma preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Background in Security is a plus (i.e, physical security knowledge, emergency team Member, office evacuation procedures, first aid training, fire & life safety, personnel screening).
- English and Spanish language proficiency essential (oral and written).
- Good team player with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.