Deadline: 30 November 2018
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Manager in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Operations Manager additionally serves as a key advisor to the Country Representative on matters of organizational integrity with the aim of ensuring: (i) compliance with UN Women policies and regulations; (ii) effective systems to support programme delivery and growth; (iii) accountability to organizational values and principles; and (iv) an enabling workplace environment in which staff potential is maximized.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Manager will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management team and provide advice and support to the Country Representative/ Deputy Country Representative on operational issues.
- Develop the annual workplan for the Operations Team and oversee its implementation and monitoring.
- Participate in review meetings and assess the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners in collaboration with the programme and technical team.
- Manage business process mapping and establish internal standard operating procedures in all areas of the Operations Team’s functions.
- Manage the implementation of corporate, budget, financial, procurement, and HR policies and systems and ensure adequate training of staff and project personnel on these issues.
- Ensure a continuous and up-to-date flow of information between the CO and RO and HQ.
- Oversee all operations activities, including finance, human resources, procurement, transport, IT, security, administration and ensure they follow UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Manage staff in Operations Team: Finalize performance plans and evaluation standards; conduct performance assessments, provide feedback and coaching.
- Ensure the CO‘s compliance with Internal Control Framework, Delegation of Authority and segregation of duties and responsibilities.
Manage the provision of goods and services for the CO and projects following established corporate procedures regarding sub-contract review and awarding of contracts, evaluate for cost effectiveness and manage the negotiations in connection with eventual agreements.
- Mange maintenance of a secure, reliable infrastructure environment for ICT and adequate planning for disasters and recoveries.
- Brief supervisor and staff on security matters and disseminate relevant information as advised by UNDSS, brief UN Women visitors on security.
- Ensure full compliance with MOSS and MORSS procedures on security of staff and office premises.
- Liaise with UNDP and other UN agencies on operational issues, activities, and collaboration.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, HR, or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level, in office management, operations or finance.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is highly desirable.
- Work experience in the Asia and the Pacific region is an asset.
- Professional background in programming/ projects management is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.