Deadline: 31 October 2018
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Portfolio Associate in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Portfolio Associate Unit will perform the following functions-
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations of programme/project management, financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up, human resources management, procurement processes; implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- Contribution to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in programme/project management, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Portfolio planning, administration and management
- Manage of all aspects of project implementation and service delivery in full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations; monitoring of progress for all projects/service agreements under his/her responsibility, anticipating operational and budgetary issues and taking pre-emptive action.
- Interact with colleagues, clients and partners and undertaking of missions, as may be required, to guide operational issues and UNOPS service provision. Focus on resolution of operational and process issues, referring complex issues to supervisor with clear recommendations for courses of action.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary education required.
- First university degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) in 1 or more of the following disciplines: international affairs; business administration; social sciences; economics; environmental studies; development studies or another field relevant to international development assistance preferred.
- Minimum 6 years work experience in supporting project implementation as a member of a project/portfolio team, provision of administrative/logistical support to projects/programmes is required in combination with secondary school education.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience required in combination with a first university degree.
- Experience with an international organization required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.