Deadline: 8 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Portfolio Manager in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for portfolio development, planning and service delivery including managing portfolio resources to ensure cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of service provision.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Portfolio Manager will perform the following functions-
- Manage and guide the portfolio to ensure cost-effectiveness, efficiency and a quality standard of service provision; troubleshoot across portfolios; monitor and appraise team performance.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational plans to meet internal targets and partners’ expectations.
- Collaborate with partners on the monitoring and review of service delivery and performance.
- Develop and execute portfolio budget and business development plan, establishing measurable long term/short term targets.
- Monitor progress of portfolio and engagement acquisition against set targets, making timely and appropriate decision to meet work plan and revenue objectives.
- Plan, recruit, manage and develop personnel with the skills and competencies needed to ensure optimum performance and encouraging the formation of diverse teams in term of gender and geography.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration and diversity by providing the team with clear direction, objectives and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as finance, business, public administration or other relevant related field is required.
- Bachelor’s degree with an additional experience of 2 years may be accepted in lieu of the Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 7 years with a Master’s degree or 9 years with a Bachelor’s degree of progressively responsible experience in managing or working in development projects, with significant international experience in project management, service delivery and establishing relationships among international organizations and national governments.
- Proven track record managing staff and operational systems and dealing with UN regulations, rules and policies in the areas of contracting, procurement and human resources is desirable.
- Previous experience managing UN/UNOPS programmes and command of oneUNOPS or similar ERP system is a strong asset.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Working knowledge of French is highly desirable and a working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.