Deadline: 24 January 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Investment Specialist in Manila, Philippines.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Principal Investment Specialist will be responsible to lead and oversee the origination, development, due diligence, approval and implementation of private sector infrastructure financing projects, contributes to the development of policy and strategies of country programs, and monitors the development impact of the portfolio and ensures key issues are considered and proper risk management is applied.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Principal Investment Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Project Development and Processing
- Lead in the origination of a pipeline of private sector infrastructure finance projects and screens investment opportunities in Central, West and South Asia through client outreach, marketing and deal screening.
- Lead, oversee, undertake and manage the necessary due diligence, financial modeling, risk analysis and mitigation in the structuring of loans, equity investments, guarantees, B-loans or other forms of ADB assistance.
- Lead and oversee the internal approval process including interface with credit, safeguards, integrity, legal and other teams as well as management and the Board.
- With the support of internal and external counsel, ensures that appropriate legal documentation is successfully concluded for all deals in line with approvals and that financial close (i.e., first disbursement) is achieved in a timely fashion.
- Perform the role of a nominee director on the board of ADB’s investee companies representing ADB’s interests in accordance with the principles of sound corporate governance, as assigned.
- External Liaison
- Lead active relationships with commercial lenders and other financial partners in the region and beyond as well as with developers, investors and governments; and
- Assess and structure transactions to maximize the potential for commercial co-financing and catalyzing of additional sources of capital
- Strategy, Policy and Project Evaluation
- Provide strategic inputs and comments on project, policy and other papers related to private sector operations and development across a range of key themes and sectors.
- Draft, review and provide comments on project, policy and other papers related to private sector development and operations issues in various themes and sectors.
- Participate in country teams for planning and programming purposes, particularly with respect to private sector development and operations and sector priorities.
- Knowledge Sharing
- Maintain and share knowledge (inside and outside of ADB) on lessons learned from private sector operations and emerging best practices in areas of expertise.
- Participate in and contributes to activities for advocacy, dissemination, and knowledge building relating to ADB’s integrity, governance and safeguards policies.
- Staff Supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent, University Degree relevant to assigned sector combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- At least 12 year’s of relevant professional experience in private sector finance, including hands-on experience in processing investments for infrastructure projects, analyzing credit risks, structuring transactions, syndicating financing and other related commercial banking activities.
- Experience working in at least one of the following sectors: power, environmental infrastructure, water and wastewater, and transport.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in development in several countries preferably in Central, West and South Asia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.