Deadline: 28 March 2017
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Analyst in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Procurement Analyst will take an active role in the review of procurement activities related to cost management, market efficiency and interface between users and the procurement unit, procurement reporting and monitoring.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Procurement Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Take an active role in managing the procurement e-sourcing component for increased efficiency and improvement, assisting in monitoring framework/long term agreements against budget and preparing necessary quarterly reports on each long-term agreement.
- Participate in the preparation for Institutional Procurement Committee (IPC) meetings, procurement planning with the divisions and vendor rating for a sustained strategic vendor base.
- Take responsibility for document management and liaison with Internal Audit and Finance on procurement matters so as to ensure continuous system improvement.
- Undertaking market research and price reasonable analyses to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Ensure accurate and efficient procurement processes which maximize service delivery and minimization of costs.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Procurement, Project Management, Supply Chain or relevant fields.
- CIPS Level 2 Procurement Certification.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in procurement in an international setting is required.
- Good knowledge of office technology such as MS office package, and experience in working with databases is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure; take initiative in judging priorities and organizing work accordingly.
- Strong team work, analytical and interpersonal skills, and highly developed cultural sensitivity in communicating with all levels of staff and external clients, both verbally and in writing.
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of local language and/or another United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.