Deadline: 12 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Analyst in Singapore. The duration of this post 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Assist ENR Practice Manager and Senior ESF Specialist to track the assignments of Environmental and Social Specialists working on ESF track filing of key safeguards/ESF instruments.
- Follow up with ENR PMs for them to complete their quality assurance in the Environmental/Social Management System (ESMS), supporting them in clearing documents in a timely manner as per ADM business procedures.
- Champion knowledge management by seeking, curating, and sharing knowledge across the unit, cooperating with peers across the GP, and contributing to the creation and maintenance of joint, GP-wide knowledge management tools on environmental risk assessment and management.
- Support research, knowledge and learning, you will co-create and maintain a repository of safeguards and ESF-related documents, including TORs for ESF/Safeguards instruments, cleared Environment and Social Commitment Plans (ESCPs), cleared Environmental and Social Review Summaries (ESRSs), and lessons learned and best practice information from Bank projects.
- Monitor risk and compliance in the portfolio, and participate in risk review meetings at the regional, GP and corporate level.
- Assist teams in tracking the processing of ESRS, promptly identifying delays and inconsistencies with ADM guidelines.
- Assist in consolidating the GP’s project risk lists, and obtain, monitor and incorporate other corporate risk lists, e.g. those maintained by OPCS and CMUs.
- Assist Senior Environmental Specialist and Regional Safeguards Coordinator (RSC) in overseeing TFs for knowledge generation and management.
- Assist Senior Environmental Specialists in providing guidance and oversight to teams in tracking ESRS processing. Perform quality assurance by managing records and pre-screening ESRSs, and other process documents.
- Track deadlines and work under the guidance of Senior Environmental Specialists to help identify and monitor emerging environmental risks and their management and resolution during project implementation.
- Under guidance of Senior Environmental Specialists, contribute to the development of ESS-related technical materials, such as Good Practice Notes, knowledge tools, or metrics.
- Support overall pipeline and portfolio monitoring and management, including ensuring information systems are updated to accurately reflect project status.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in environmental or natural sciences, environmental policy engineering, energy, agriculture, geography, development studies, or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of experience in environmental risk assessment and management.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 4 years of experience will be considered.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think holistically, analyze and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative environmental data and information.
- Ability to follow up multiple work-streams simultaneously.
- Deep knowledge of World Bank’s safeguards policies, ESF and/or IFC Performance Standards/MIGA Environmental and Social policies or similar standards would be considered an advantage.
- Ability to interact effectively with different stakeholders, including project-affected parties, government officials, non-governmental organizations/civil society, and project investors.
- Basic knowledge of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, GHG accounting methodologies, or similar standards is deemed an advantage.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, explaining issues and recommending solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills are critical; knowledge of additional languages would be an advantage.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including its analytical and data mining functions, and familiarity with database management applications would be an advantage.
- Teamwork skills, including the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, motivate and convene group efforts, and network effectively across boundaries.
- Nationality of Singapore.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.