Deadline: 3 November 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Assistant in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative, logistical and operational (project) support to the World Bank Tajikistan Office.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Handle administrative and logistical arrangements (including working schedule and meeting with counterparts) for visits of project teams and ensuring effective coordination of their work program in the country.
- Format and, if necessary, drafting variety of standard project-related operational correspondence, drafting minutes and ensuring timely submission for clearance and distribution, as well as adherence to departmental, VPU and institutional and operational guidelines and procedures.
- Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.Using word processing, spreadsheets or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution.
- Maintain, retrieval, manipulating and presentation of project related data.
- Provide support for preparation and implementation of Bank projects, according to Bank procedures.Assisting in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, travel, etc.
- Track assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinating with relevant staff and providing assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributing documents for the team.
- Support TTLs in processing individual consultants and consultant firms’ requests in compliance with the policy for the selection of consultants. Onboard and handle logistical arrangements for the consultants.
Applicants must have:
- University degree (diploma) and at least 5 years of relevant practical experience.
- Strong English, Russian and Tajik (verbal and written) language skills including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style.
- Ability to use all available resources for information and data collection.
- Sound organizational skills and ability to set priorities and to work with minimum supervision in a flexible manner in order to meet changing deadlines.
- Proficiency in computer software packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated initiative in developing practical approaches that improve office support work and effectiveness of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to be part of an effective team environment with a high degree of motivation, flexibility, and reliability;High personal and professional integrity, and ability to process, handle, and communicate sensitive and confidential matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests at time of recruitment (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.).
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.