Deadline: 30 May 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Assistant in N’Djamena, Chad. The duration of this post 3 years.
The Program Assistant is responsible to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Chad Country Office.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Operational and Administrative Support
- Provide support for preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and activities according to Bank procedures.
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports.
- Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
- Information Management and Client interaction
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
- Co-ordinate with service units, and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office.
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities”.
- Time management & Logistic planning
- Arrange working schedule and meeting with counterparts for the visiting teams.
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information.
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Other Duties
- Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Program Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
- Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g. English language, computer applications, etc.).
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
- Nationality of Chad.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.