Deadline: 20 September 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Assistant in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Program Assistant will be responsible to provide administrative, logistical and operational (project) support to the World Bank Uzbekistan Country Office.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
- Draft routine correspondence (standard letters, emails, memos); coordinate clearance and submission of correspondence to be sent to the client and related Bank units, ensuring adherence to the unit’s standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Make urgent written translations of short documents (up to 2 pages) and review and proof-read translated documents as requested. Plan freelance translators as needed.
- Organize and maintain effective document monitoring, tracking, filing and retrieval system for operational team(s).
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
- Liaise with government counterparts, donor offices, academia, NGOs, project consultants, etc. as appropriate and requested by project teams and independently respond to diverse inquiries from internal and external stakeholders using different source of information and, where appropriate, direct these inquiries to appropriate staff/group for follow-up or action.
- Serve as an information resource on status of project/products (e.g. procurement, disbursement, audit, trust fund/co-financing, and legal issues) and drafts a variety of standard project-related correspondence.
- Plan, organize and support delivery of workshops, conferences and seminars.
- Provide logistical support to various meetings by preparing agendas, writing minutes, and monitoring implementation of agreed actions. Schedule meetings/videoconference calls (including informing participants; logistics such as conference room reservations, catering arrangements, dealing with scheduling conflicts, etc.).
- Provide support to missions and project teams by following up on mission inquiries and advising on administrative issues, as well as setting up meetings, handling travel/logistics arrangements.
- Support project teams by providing quality and timely assistance in the hiring of external consultants/vendors, including communications with consultants and gathering all appropriate information.
- Monitor task budget/trust funds for specific projects on behalf of the team.
- Serve as a back-up to other ACS staff in the Country Office, including providing support during absences and/or heavy work periods, and perform other administrative and ad-hoc duties as assigned.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Provide other assistance as requested by the Executive Assistant and/or Supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 5 years of Direct Relevant Experience.
- BA/BSc with basic quantitative analytical skills or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in multicultural environment is an advantage.
- Strong English and Russian language skills (verbal and written).
- Uzbek language skills would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.