Deadline: 19 April 2016
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Assistant in Hanoi, Vietnam.
The Program Assistant will coordinate extensively with service units and liaises frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Providing full logistical and secretarial support to business related activities, including: (i) arranging travel schedule; (ii) organizing meetings/events/workshops, (iii) coordinating schedules taking priorities into account, monitoring and communicating changes and other information to the appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including IFC stakeholders, (iv) maintaining up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic) and (v) translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and local language; and assisting in preparation of various presentation materials in power point.
- Providing primary assistance in the implementation of the unit’s work program, including some specialized support in a specific area(s), e.g. task management, database management, editorial assistance, procurement, etc.
- Assisting Managers/Transaction Leaders in managing stakeholder relationships, which includes both internal and external IFC clients.
- Assisting clients and partners in implementation of marketing and communications plans/ strategies for Program. This includes assisting in development of content for brochures, press kits, web pages and other channels.
- Suggesting ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness.
- Attending meetings, drafting minutes and ensuring timely clearance and distribution.
- Working closely with other ACS staff in the office and providing back-up support to other program assistants.
- Mentoring less experienced supporting staff, proactively sharing knowledge and information, promoting cooperation within ACS community and suggesting ways of enhancing efficiency.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience, with solid knowledge of IFC / WBG operational procedures (preferred) or demonstrated strong capability to understand and implement corporate policies and Procedures.
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials independently.
- Experienced working within tight deadlines and under pressure; flexibility to work overtime during peak periods on a short notice.
- Demonstrated capacity to multitask and prioritize workload, work with minimal supervision with initiative and resourcefulness.
- Ability to follow through team’s priorities and respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, tact and high level of discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and sound judgment to effectively deal with staff at all levels.
- Full proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency and prior experience in MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.