Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Coordinator in London, United Kingdom.
EDF’s mission is to preserve the natural systems on which all life depends.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Maintain busy calendar and arrange travel for Executive Director. Develop schedule effectively relative to Executive Director’s short-term needs, long-term plan and yearly goals.
- Act as coordinator and manage Executive Director’s day and maximize efficient use of Executive Director’s time.
- Prepare Executive Director for meetings including collecting supporting documentation and researching background information including reading and digesting lengthy reports and providing initial summaries.
- Prepare written communications and correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director, including research as required.
- Answer and screen phone calls and emails. Take messages and field questions as appropriate.
- Learn and keep informed about major projects and programmes; stay abreast of current affairs as they relate to the Executive Director’s goals and strategy.
- Conduct in-depth research of activities of other organizations in Europe, and compile into useful reports and gap analyses.
- Work with the Development programme to conduct initial donor research and outline donor information summaries.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum of three years work experience in office administration or executive support.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure.
- Experience with budgeting, accounting and/or bookkeeping.
- Excellent attention-to-detail and organization and administration skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior skills in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to work as a strong team player, while at the same time able to work independently and as a self-starter.
- Willingness to work across different time zones where the need arises.
- An understanding of and commitment to Environmental Defense Fund’s mission of protecting the natural environment and limiting humankind’s impact on the planet.
- Support for evidence-based, pragmatic solutions to complex environmental challenges.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit EDF.