Deadline: 31 July 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Management Officer in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical support to the overall management of the program, grant management, budget, Work Planning, including elaboration, day-to-day operation , monitoring and evaluation of workplans to ensure the smooth execution of Country Office programs.
- Collaborating with technical and other teams in the development, implementation and monitoring of operational work plans; Technical and HR.
- Ensure the appropriate use of the funds designed to achieve results in accordance with the defined indicators; maintain respect for project management principles.
- Oversee the resource mobilization officer to obtain fast funding for immediate needs with sustainable and predictable funding of program activities.
- Coordinate the analysis, consolidation and dissemination of program management information.
- Contribute to the preparation of monitoring and progress reports, briefings, proposals, reports, communications and awareness raising materials for strategic decision-making, manufacturing.
- Contribute to various project management meetings, coordinate relevant activities, ensure predictability and follow-up of agreed action points with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop flexible and innovative solutions to support the operations of WHO Country Office in Burundi.
Applicants must have:
- First university degree in health sciences or social sciences, public health, administration, management, economics or a related field from a recognized educational institution with a specialization in international development and public health.
- At least 5 years of combined national and international professional experience in project management in the areas of public health and / or international development.
- Proficiency in project management, budgeting, finance, practices and ability to develop improved systems that support these processes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to analyze and synthesize information from sources multiple.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in project design, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong professional skills in producing reports and convincing documents.
- Expert knowledge of French.
- Intermediate knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Burundi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.