Deadline: 7 June 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Management Specialist in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Program Management Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Strategic advice and support:
- Provide strategic analysis, advice and support to the entity Director in all programmatic areas under the purview of the EIH Department;
- Support preparation for, and participate in: inter-programmatic and cross-organizational working groups; PAHO management meetings; and other internal and external fora, at the request of the entity Director and in furtherance of operational objectives of the entity;
- Support the entity Director in the management of special initiatives and projects
- Program Management:
- Provide technical support in the overall program management functions, including management of procedures and tools to develop the biennial work plan; engage in corporate efforts for strategic and operational planning, budgeting and resource coordination;
- Ensure that projects managed by the entity are executed according to action plans and within established guidelines and dates; ensure timely submission of financial and progress reports in accordance with donor agreements;
- Coordinate the implementation of the entity’s Biennial Work Plan (BWP); ensure that the responsible advisors provide required planning data and information to adequately assess and report on implementation of projects’ expected results, products/services, etc.;
- Support the preparation of various written outputs, e.g., draft background papers, analyses, sections of reports and studies and other inputs to technical publications. Provide assistance in the preparation of documents for Governing Bodies meetings;
- Provide support for the management and control of all administrative services and operations of the entity. Such services and operations include budgeting, finance, procurement, human resources management, conference management, and office space and equipment arrangements;
- Assist the EIH Director in the allocation of financial, human, and physical resources. Monitor and analyze financial/non-financial data to assess options for solutions to financial, administrative and human resources issues;
- Oversee the financial management systems of the entity; prepare budgetary forecasts; establish control and report structures by monitoring commitments and ensuring the processing of obligating documents that adhere to operational plans;
- Develop reports to highlight and clarify changes in resource utilization plans; recommend alternate plans/funding strategies and discuss potential problems that could arise from programming;
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health or social science, business administration, management, international relations or related field from a recognized university.
- 7 years of combined national and international experience in the fields of health planning, project management, monitoring and evaluation, including experience in strategy formulation and strategic resource allocation.
- Very good knowledge of Spanish or English with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use a computer and utilize software programs such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Other IT skills and knowledge of other software programs such as Visio and Project would be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.