Deadline: 23 April 2016
Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Management Support Officer in Afghanistan.
The Program Management Support Officer will be responsible to support the regional management and the national coordination team to analyze programming and produce high quality donor reports and proposals and contribute to internal learning processes.
AKDN’s mission is to improve the welfare and prospects of people in the developing world, particularly in Asia and Africa, without regard to faith, origin or gender.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Management Support Officer will perform the following functions-
- Ensure timely submission of high quality donor reports to the donor or the AKF National Program Office (NPO) in Kabul.
- Ensure quality of all external documents in consultation with Regional Director (RD).
- Coordinate the regional team in the preparation of new proposals to donors; lead the process of proposal writing for submission to the national team.
- Monitor and identify concerns / challenges of the regional program progress, attitude, and approaches, and ensure that issues relevant to them are effectively and appropriately addressed.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of programmatic approaches and methods to facilitate internal and external engagement.
- Support review of program progress against yearly planning.
- Facilitate regular and consistent meetings with finance managers to monitor spending against grants.
- Assist the Regional Director with programmatic support as directed, including areas such as the yearly budgeting and planning exercise.
- Ensure that AKDN maintains current intelligence on stakeholders operating within the region.
- Support the Regional Director and sector heads in strategic engagement with donors and other NGOs.
- Maintain regional Grant Management Information System, logical framework, YPO, and project overviews.
- Ensure that management, finance and relevant sector heads are provided with grant information.
Applicants must have-
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field and at least two years field experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to critically analyze and provide constructive recommendations.
- Good team player with ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues.
- Willingness to live and work in a remote, isolated environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit AKDN.