Deadline: 8 March 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Manager in Akkar, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months
The Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for development and implementation of DRC programs in the area of implementation (North Lebanon) – in coordination with the Area Manger and Tripoli-based Program Manager.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Manager will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Act as the primary DRC programme representative in the Akkar governorate and attend or ensure attendance, as appropriate, at all relevant programmatic coordination for meetings.
- Foster relationships with Government authorities and other relevant stakeholders in the area of implementation, and act as focal point for Tripoli and T5 municipality relations.
- Maintain close working relationships with donors, national and international organizations and local counterparts.
- Line manage Sector Managers in both Tripoli and Qobayat ensuring that they have relevant work plans and job descriptions and that performance reviews take place.
- Provide leadership, coordination and integration of DRC activities in the area.
- Encourage a positive, innovative and mutually supportive team spirit amongst the area team.
- Stay abreast of donor strategies and funding opportunities in the area of operation and provide technical and context-specific input for fundraising efforts, in coordination with the Area Manager.
- Lead on proposal development in the area of operation, drafting inputs to, or whole proposals, as requested by Head of Programs.
- Lead on programmatic financial planning and budget management; supervise budget management and forecasts of Sector Managers.
- Ensure programs are regularly and comprehensively monitored, and monitoring tools e.g. M&E information management tools are regularly updated.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University degree in management, internal relations, development studies or other related field.
- 5 years’ management experience, overseeing humanitarian and development of multi-sector, multi-donor programs in complex environments.
- Proven experience in all aspects of program management including program design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Practical financial, HR and administration management experience with extensive knowledge of budget development/management and finance documentation; understanding of HR principles and ethics.
- Experience of staff management, capacity building and performance development systems.
- Excellent report writing skills with an understanding of NGO and donor requirements.
- Experience with proposal writing is advantageous.
- Commitment to the values, vision and mission of DRC.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English with their application through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.