Deadline: 2 August 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Manager in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post 4 years.
The Program Manager will be responsible for proactively advising and working closely with the WFAST Manager and his management team on program and project management, resource management, strategy, performance metrics, reporting, and knowledge/learning.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Manager will perform the following functions:
- Program Management:
- Lead the program delivery for Cross-VPU and VPU-wide initiatives such as the Robotics Process Automation-RPA initiative and the planned SAP S4 Hana Upgrade, ensuring that project management discipline and tools are used to align stakeholder interests, define clear roles/responsibilities of accountable parties, define and track deliverables/deadlines, flag/escalate risk and develop mitigation plans ensuring that change management and communications plans are well designed and executed.
- Lead the compilation, coordination of approvals and regular progress monitoring of the tri-annual WFAVP IT investment program
- Lead the WFAST division’s effort of evaluating new systems/applications/solutions required by the VPU, to meet its service delivery objectives
- Operationalize high level plans into tactical projects for implementation of the work program and IT platform changes arising from corporate reform initiatives, leveraging project management and change management discipline to meet the stated project objectives
- Serve as an authoritative expert and key resource for program and project management.
- Other Duties and Accountabilities:
- Support the WFAST Manager in developing strategies and tools to support the integration and thereby effectiveness of the WFAST division.
- Ensure appropriate follow through on actions, decisions and commitments made by the WFAST’s Manager, by working with the parties responsible for implementation.
- Participate in efforts to design, update and implement the WFA Systems and Transformation’ strategy, business planning, budget formulation, organization and strategic staffing.
- Propose plans and strategies that focus on WFA’ long term objectives, taking an enterprise-wide focus.
- Coach/mentor staff on formal Project management processes and tools to raise the bench strength of the Division on project management.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting or Information Technology with a minimum of 8 years relevant work experience or a combination of education and experience
- Highly organized, process-driven, professionally trained Project Manager.
- Successful track record of achieving high quality results, managing programs and delivering client value-added services to meet team objectives.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and implement innovative solutions and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to assist or lead the development of business cases, including Return On Investment (ROI) and other financial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity, to identify interdependencies, and take a corporate view.
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading teams, including managing, motivating staff across different locations, multi-cultural backgrounds and serving multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
- Proven experience in change management and demonstrated ability to manage senior internal stake holders.
- Proven ability to leverage strong relationships cutting across functions and WBG towards achievement of collective goals
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills and ability to convey complex issues concisely to senior management, colleagues and clients.
- Strong listening skills and ability to gain understanding of partner needs and challenges.
- Experience with the design and implementation of learning strategies and programs and sound understanding of knowledge management is a plus.
- High level of integrity, tact and discretion.
- Familiarity with the World Bank’s IT systems landscape is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.