Deadline: 20 Jun 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Manager in Washington, D.C., United States.
The Program Manager will provide leadership and strategic direction to build-up this Facility, deliver the work program, achieve EGPS goals, meet country demand, and build strong partnerships.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Manager will perform the following functions-
- Provide high-level strategic advice on achieving the objectives of the EGPS.
- Working in concert with other partners and country teams, formulate and ensure implementation of a substantive work program for EGPS, building on agreed strategies and consistent with EGPS program and partnerships goals and closely integrated with GEEDR’s Extractives strategies/operations.
- Develop work program pipeline proposals and/or initiate work program proposals for EGPS intervention including screening and evaluating project proposals for EGPS interventions received from partners and country teams in accordance with the criteria adopted for EGPS.
- Establish and foster effective relations with country teams, donor partners, developing country governments, industry bodies, official development agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the delivery of the EGPS Work Plan and Budget and use/disbursement of funds in line with approved Work Plan and Budget, ensuring.
- Client-responsive and efficient/effective delivery in adherence to EGPS quality procedures and program goals and criteria.
- Compliance with Bank operational and TF policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective relationships with partners and promote efforts to build political commitment to EGPS goals including resource mobilization to ensure EGPS meets demand and strengthen is capability and its impact.
- Promote linkages within the Bank Group and country teams and other Global Practices and IFC, as well as with other stakeholders and initiatives.
- Conduct outreach to key stakeholders including delivering presentations to Bank Group management and staff and externally.
Applicants must have-
- Masters degree or higher in the petroleum, mining or energy-related areas or in economics, finance or management.
- Sustained record of achieving high-quality substantive results over an extended period (typically at least 10 years).
- Prior substantive and sustained work experience in achieving results on the ground in more than one world region (including both pre-Bank experience and Bank experience).
- Proven track-record in managing work programs and resources, operational projects, technical assistance/advisory programs to deliver results in challenging country environments.
- Proven ability to build partnerships internally and externally on oil, gas and mining issues and related areas.
- Industry contacts in extractive sectors, both with the private sector and with officials in developing countries and/or with donors and partners a strong plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of the World Bank Group operational policies and procedures and trust fund and fiduciary policies and procedures.
- Experience in donor resource mobilization a plus.
- High level written and oral presentation skills in English required. French or Spanish language a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.