Deadline: 31 August 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Support Officer in Bamako, Mali. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Programme Support Officer will support the Head of Programme (HoP) as well as technical coordinators with a focus on key programme processes in proposal development, grants management and development of programme documents (such as SoPs, protection monitoring reports etc.) and key activities launch or follow-up.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Support Officer will perform the following functions:
- Grants Management, Reporting and Programme development
- Ensure the maintenance of a robust Grants Management system (ERP) by keeping it regularly updated and uploading relevant documents.
- Facilitate the tracking of the overall programme portfolio with donorsas well as reporting deadlines.
- Provide oversight in the review of strategic donors’ grants on a regular basis including management tools analyzing original plans and log frames against achievements.
- Take care of administrative duties in liasing with donors.
- Support the reviewing of proposals for consistency with the requirements of solicitations, requests or calls for proposals, predicting or preventing bottlenecks in the proposal development process and securing the necessary information to complete process.
- General Programme Support
- Support field teams and coordinators in review of activity reports from the field as well as the conception of Programme Documents such as SoPs or ToRs.
- Support the teams in producing publishable field assessments reports in due time.
- Technically support teams in the capacity building and management of grants and awards.
- Whenever possible and relevant, conduct field visits to support teams on the implementation of specific activities such as distributions launch, protection activities, M&E surveys.
- Develop a communication strategy, in close collaboration with SMT, according to identified needs
- Ensure the budget planning of communication activities.
- Ensure the compliance to DRC and Donors’ communication guideline.
- Produce communication products based on information from field teams, key advocacy messages from SMT etc.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (or bachelor’s level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience with NGO, in similar jobs or programme management.
- Excellent writing skills in both French and English.
- Good knowledge of main institutional donors and their compliance requirements.
- Understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management.
- Demonstrated commitment to, and a good understanding of, the DRC’s values and mandate and the ability to bring these alive in your work.
- Ability to work in unstable security environments and in remote management context.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.