Deadline: 26 November 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Support Officer in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Program Support Officer will be responsible for leading on the coordination and implementation of the UNICEF/RIMS partnership, by conducting capacity-building with external partners and ensuring adequate technical support, feedback and improvement to RIMS, as well as supporting other partner-related tools for the RIMS project.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Program Support Officer will perform the following functions-
- Grant implementation and reporting
- Ensure the implementation of the UNICEF/RIMS partnership, including appropriate and timely spending of grant to achieve programme goals, grants reporting contributions, use and distribution of supplies and resources.
- Understand and follow up on activities and assess progress of implementation, provide solutions and report issues when needed.
- Assist in the development of timely, accurate and well-written donor reports and other reporting requirements of IM programming (incl. Donors’ reports and Activity info).
- Technical support
- Act as focal point for technical support of UNICEF/RIMS partners and coordinate necessary support with IM Team.
- Identify technical gaps in the programme and identify/implement solutions to meet these gaps.
- Support with any analysis-related activities of the project.
- Support in the development of communication products on RIMS.
- Lead on internal and external presentation of RIMS within the scope of the UNICEF/RIMS partnership.
- Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure achievements of targets towards donors’ requirements through coordination of the UNICEF/RIMS partnership (through the use of indicators performance trackers).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Social Science, International Development or other related fields.
- 1-2 years of experience leading teams in a humanitarian context, preferably during an emergency.
- Experience facilitating technical trainings and workshops related to information management.
- Experience in coordination and partnerships with external stakeholders such as municipalities, employers, partner NGOs etc.
- Prior experience in developing programme implementation workplans, and programme reporting.
- Prior experience in developing communication material.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective in presentation and liaison with external parties.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Previous experience in developing analysis, and statistical figures.
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required
- High computer literacy.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.