Deadline: 12 April 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Support Officer in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 8 months.
The Program Support Officer will be responsible for monitoring partner budgets, checking partner documents’ compliance with DRC and donor financial, HR and procurement guidelines, and supporting progress monitoring against capacity building and work plans.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Support Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Support in identifying of potential partnership opportunities and mapping of active organizations in the area of operations.
- Support and lead the partnership selection process through: preliminary meetings with partners, supporting DRC’s comprehensive partnership assessment, drafting an operational capacity building plan for potential partners, and supporting partners to submit the needed documentation for partnerships (MoU, Contract, Log frame, Budget, Organogram and Narrative).
- Undertake the Operational capacity assessments of potential local partners and SDCs in coordination with the Partnership Team Leader.
- Work with Finance, Human resources, Logistic and Procurement departments to support local partner to put in place systems and to develop and implement new tools, processes, and policies that promote and sustain quality and best practice within partner operations and to ensure sub grant processes adhere to DRC standards and are effectively implemented.
- Monitor the implementation of the capacity building plans against agreed upon benchmarks and adjust timeframes and support provided accordingly and ensure full compliance with the internal partnership systems.
- Ensure the ongoing implementation of the capacity building components.
- Produce monthly reports on the progression of the capacity building projects.
- Hold regular meetings with partners to follow up on the capacity building plan and successes and challenges.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, preferably auditing and finance.
- Preferably to have background in social work and program management.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience, working in international organizations and humanitarian settings.
- Knowledge of finance and procurement standards.
- Minimum 1 year of experience financial management and / or auditing.
- Previous experience working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
- Experience in leading teams, management of projects and leading team-building activities.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.