Deadline: 15 July 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Program Support Officer in Sana’a, Yemen. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Program Support Officer will double up to manage Country Senior Management Team high-level strategic meetings and documentation to ensure adequate support and a proactive approach to achievement of country wide objectives.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Support Officer will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Coordinate a systematic follow up on the initiatives and tasks agreed in the monthly Country SMT (COSMT) and quarterly program meetings.
- Conduct research, gather information and prepare summaries and analyses as required by the country SMT.
- Organize and convene thematic meetings, including Risk Management meetings for Country, Region and HQ, for Senior Management, at CO SMT, including agendas and minute taking.
- Ensure transparency of senior management structures and decision making processes in the CO SMT.
- Coordinate feedback and follow up on actions on behalf of senior management, with those assigned responsibility to ensure that the tasks agreed are achieved according to the agreed deadline.
- Draft Recommendations for Decisions to the Senior Management of DRC on behalf of the CO SMT.
- Prepare and participate, where required, in meetings and workshops organized at the country or field level, including agendas and minute taking.
- Maintain and ensure easy tracking of documents, physical and electronic filing system of the CO SMT.
- Support CO SMT with Administrative Program requirements to ensure effective coordination and communication of policy requirements and updates.
- Assist with advocacy proactive and reactive statements.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- University Degree in a relevant field; International development/relations, Political science, Communications, Social science or Business Administration.
- Minimum 4 years office, administrative and programme management experience, working closely with senior management in coordination of critical events.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in an international NGO in management of key projects.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain flexibility in working hours.
- Energetic and flexible with high sense of responsibility and excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally in English and Arabic.
- High level of integrity and able to maintain strictest of confidentiality.
- High competence in handling situations with tact and diplomacy.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Nationality of Yemen.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the position through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit DRC.