Deadline: 2 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Support Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Program Support Officer will be responsible for timely and efficient delivery of programme support and financial services in accordance with an agreed work plan approved by the Programme Director.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Support Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide high-quality professional advice to the Programme Director.
- Lead and supervise the Programme Support Unit and in close collaboration with the Head of Programme provide the required strategic technical support work in all grants managed by UNOPS PR in Myanmar and regionally.
- Manage the Programme Support Unit team ensuring that appropriate operational standards and systems are put in place and maintained for.
- Act as OIC for the PR Director as an alternate member of the UNOPS Myanmar Senior Management Group (SMG), supporting pro-active preparation and implementation of the strategic plans and other management initiatives.
- Maintain closely and frequently contacts with the Global Fund, National Country Health Coordinating Committees, and all national and international stakeholders in the GFATM grant universe.
- Develop SOPs, manuals, plans, budgets, reporting template and all necessary programme support devices and toolsets as may be required for GFATM grants implementation.
- Ensure that activities for ongoing grants are monitored, analyzed and reported on a timely basis, lead the preparation and timely submission of reports to the GFATM.
- Monitor the financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions and investigation of anomalies or unusual transactions. Provision of information is reported the Head of Support Services and the Director of the Principle Recipient.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field is required.
- Additional two years of similar experience with a Bachelor’s Degree is considered as equivalent.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible, job related experience in the areas of operations or administration or finance or program implementation with greater independence and decision-making authority for more complex budgets is required.
- Experience in managing finance functions, Finance units, and a large number of personnel are essential.
- Proven experience in a wide-spectrum of operations-oriented financial management, including financial forecasting for project acquisition, budgeting, and project monitoring is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is preferable.
- Previous experience with the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis would be an asset.
- At least 5 years of experience working and coordination with donors is required.
- Strong experience in South East Asia region is preferred.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2010 and/or newer versions) are required.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.