Deadline: 9 May 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst in Erbil, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Analyst will contribute to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies
- Provide technical inputs to the design and formulation of project proposals and initiatives.
- Provide technical support to the implementation and management of the Iraq programme
- Provide inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities.
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to programme partners
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
- Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme
- Monitor progress on programme activity, results and indicators.
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners.
- Provide technical inputs to the management of people and finances of programme
- Monitor budget implementation and programme activity expenditures and perform budget revisions when required.
- Provide inputs to financial reports.
- Oversee the work of Programme Associates and Assistants as needed.
- Contribute to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases.
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
- Provide technical inputs to inter-agency coordination to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Iraq
- Provide technical support to the programme team on inter-agency coordination related activities by providing inputs to background reports and briefs.
- Provide inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations.
- Coordinate and support the organization of advocacy activities and campaigns events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/ women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- Project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Experience in the gender equality and is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Kurdish and Arabic is an asset.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.