Deadline: 29 August 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst (Grants and Systems Coordination) in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Analyst will be responsible for providing support to the UN Trust Fund Call for Proposals process and developing and maintaining information systems utilized by the UN Trust Fund.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Provide online systems development, implementation and maintenance support for the effective management of grants to civil society on ending violence against women:
- Provide technical and coordination support to the Operations Manager in developing, implementing and maintaining online systems utilized by grantees to report on their projects to the UN Trust Fund.
- Serve as the main focal point to coordinate with the UN Trust Fund staff, UN Women focal points and grantee users to gather and consolidate the requirements for any new system-related modules.
- Coordinate the technical support with external vendor to ensure the online application system is functioning smoothly.
- Conduct the User Acceptance Test (UAT) for all modules in English, French and Spanish by using different roles/users.
- Provide technical and coordination support related to the online Call for Proposals application processes to the Secretariat:
- Manage the online application system related to the Call for Proposals, including testing the application to ensure a smooth and timely roll-out.
- Control user access, permissions and privileges and other database responsibilities for the UN Trust Fund staff, expert consultants and regional offices.
- Provide troubleshooting support during the application process and enter data when users cannot.
- Provide coordination support to the efficient implementation of the annual Call for Proposals processes:
- Coordinate the selection, identification and recruitment of translators and proofreaders for the Call for Proposals as well as independent experts for the review of applications and ensure swift payments upon validation of satisfactory deliverables.
- Support the coordination of application appraisal and selection processes which includes sharing relevant review materials with participants, training reviewers, and ensuring appraisals are completed within established timeframes.
- Ensure all Call for Proposals related documents, including concept note forms and proposals, completed appraisal forms and supporting documents are filed as needed.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Public Administration, International Development, Social Sciences, Computer or Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in the field of gender equality, human rights and development.
- Experience in developing and conducting trainings and webinars for a wide range of users.
- Experience in developing and/or managing online platforms preferred.
- Experience in conducting quality assurance-related work and/or testing of online products/services.
- Experience with grant-making is an asset.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural setting with people from different cultural backgrounds is an asset.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is required.
- Working knowledge of Spanish and/or French is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.