Deadline: 23 August 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst in Port-Vila, Vanuatu. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Programme Analyst will work in close collaboration with the Programme PMU based in Suva, UNDP Sub-Recipients (SRs) in Vanuatu, UN Agencies, Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society to ensure successful implementation of the Global Fund Multi-Country Western Pacific Programme.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of GF Multi-country programme strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist in the design, development and monitoring of work plans, milestones and indicators for GF Multi-country programmes Sub-Recipients and implementing partners
- Support in the SR management and application processes when necessary (development of necessary information notes; and guidelines for panel review, etc.)
- Support country and NGO partners in the development of strategies to facilitate results-based implementation of Programme activities, in accordance with the action plans and within established budgets.
- Ensure effective management of the Global Fund Multi-country programme, achieving the following results:
- Assume the operational management of the Multi-country programme in Vanuatu – plan, initiate and manage project activities – in accordance with UNDP and Global Fund rules and procedures.
- Coordinates the implementation of the Multi-country programme with Sub-recipients and other regional/technical partners.
- Act as focal point for malaria programme within the PMU.
- Conduct financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the programme, identifies operational and financial problems, develops solutions.
- Ensure creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of a resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintain close co-ordination between the GF programme with other disease initiatives in the country to ensure and promote continuity, partnership building and avoid duplication of programmatic activities.
- Participate and promote the organization of events, forums etc. on HIV, TB and malaria prevention and control in order to fortify the different national structures.
- Ensure provision of top quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide guidance and capacity building to SRs and national entities.
- Develop training plan/curriculum for the SR financial and conducts trainings on GF performance based funding and financial reporting requirements management system.
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices. Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social sciences or related field.
- Degree in public health is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree – minimum 4 years and for Master’s degree – minimum 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in design and management of development projects.
- Experience in health programmes is an advantage.
- Experience of working with civil society and governmental partners.
- Experience of drafting donor reports.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.