Deadline: 6 December 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst – Environment in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Analyst – Environment will be responsible for supporting programme quality and effectiveness. The Programme Analyst analyzes political, social and economic trends and will lead formulation, management and evaluation of programme activities within the portfolio, provide policy advice and project support services.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst – Environment will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure implementation of programme strategies focusing on achieving the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social, economic and environmental situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to strategies, reviews, evaluations and project designs.
- Contribute to the development of a portfolio strategy through the collection and compilation of data, information and context analysis.
- Support effective project management of Environment Portfolio business focusing on quality control and quality assurance from formulation to implementation of the country programme to achieve the following results:
- Effective application of RBM tools, establishment of management targets and monitoring achievement of project results.
- Coordination of programme implementation with executing agencies. Introduction of performance indicators/ success criteria, cost recovery, targets and milestones.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Participation in audit of NEX projects.
- Build strategic partnerships and implements a resource mobilization strategy focusing on achieving the following results:
- Developing partnerships with other UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector and civil society to support the strategic goals of UNDP and PNG.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
- Ensure provision of top-quality policy advice services and facilitates knowledge building and management focusing on achieving the following results as a minimum:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues.
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Oversight of information management and monitoring, review and evaluation functions for the portfolio:
- Evaluation of programme and project impacts.
- Monitor and analysis of the programme environment with advice provided on any timely readjustments necessary to maintain the portfolio’s standards of quality.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field.
- Where a candidate has no Master’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 4 year’s relevant experience will be considered.
- 2 years (with Master’s) of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNDP.