Deadline: 12 February 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst, EVAW/HR – Ending Violence Against Women and Human Rights in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Programme Analyst, EVAW/HR is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of the Office EVAW and Human rights strategy, programmes and projects to increase awareness about gender equality and women’s empowerment issues.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of EVAW & Human Rights
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/ project proposals and initiatives.
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
- Provide substantive technical support to the implementation and management of the EVAW & Human Rights
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget.
- Lead the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners.
- Train partners on Results Based Management and monitor implementation.
- 3.Provide technical assistance and capacity development to programme partners
- Coordinate and provide technical support in the implementation of programme activities.
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the EVAW & Human Rights programme.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
- 4.Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme
- Monitor progress of implementation of activities and finances using results based management tools.
- Draft reports on monitoring missions, programme results, outputs and outcome.
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
- Provide substantive technical inputs to the management of people and finances of the EVAW & Human Rights programme
- Monitor budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/ revisions, as necessary.
- Provide substantive inputs to financial reports.
- Supervise Programme Associates and Assistant if any.
- Provide substantive inputs to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Participate in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
- Provide technical support to inter-agency coordination on EVAW/HR to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programme with other partners in the country
- Provide substantive technical support to the Representative and Deputy Representative on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs.
- Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to EVAW & Human Rights.
- Coordinate and organize advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products.
- Coordinate the development of knowledge management methodologies, and products on EVAW & Human Rights.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional year of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building; At least 3 working years of experience in gender equality areas,
- At least 3 working years of experience in gender equality areas.
- At least 3 substantive experience in EVAW area.
- Technical experience in Human Rights, preferably in post conflict countries.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Knowledge of Burundi context is an asset.
- Nationality of Burundi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.