Deadline: 12 May 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst on Human Rights-Based Approach in Kyiv, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Programme Analyst on Human Rights-Based Approach will contribute to the effective implementation of project by providing substantive inputs related to human rights to project design, formulation, implementation and evaluation.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst on Human Rights-Based Approach will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Programme Development and Management:
- Ensure substantive contribution to the analysis and research of the human rights, political, social and economic situation in the country and prepare substantive inputs to the UN Women country office programme planning.
- Provide substantive input on human rights to new policy developments and strategies analyzing policy papers, strategy documents, national plans and development frameworks, and prepare briefs and inputs for policy dialogue and technical assistance coordination on human rights.
- Technical support in integration of human rights strategies into programming:
- Provide leadership to support the project and the country office team to integrate human rights and rights-based approach principles into ongoing and envisaged projects in Ukraine.
- Provide advice and guidance for the implementation of the Country Strategy by strengthening the human rights-based approach in programming and implementation.
- Ensure, advice and guide integration of gender and human rights perspectives and attention to specific inclusion issues within all assigned activities.
- Advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge building and management:
- Manage the establishment of advocacy networks at national level and linkages to international networks on human rights.
- Proactively and substantively support and implement relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners.
- Contribute to the articles and social media materials on the project activities as well as the thematic materials about human rights.
- Proactively contribute to human rights knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organize capacity building of staff and partners on human rights-based approach and human rights strategies.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Human Rights, Law, Gender Studies and Social Sciences or related field.
- Minimum 5 years (with Master’s degree (or equivalent)) of relevant progressively responsible experience at the national and/or international level in human rights, gender equality or other related fields.
- Experience and understanding of implementing human rights, gender equality and women’s empowerment projects/initiatives. Experience in advocacy for gender equality and women’s empowerment is desirable.
- Experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of human rights projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments is an advantage.
- Experience of working with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved into human rights issues at the national and sub-national levels.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, Outlook, etc.).
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Ukraine, including Russian, Romani, sign language and the others is an asset.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UN Women.