Deadline: 21 May 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst – Sustainable Development in Kuwait. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Analyst – Sustainable Development will responsible to supervise junior programme support staff and provides guidance to project staff in the thematic area.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst – Sustainable Development will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of Sustainable Development programme strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to all office planning tools, instruments and documents.
- Analysis and synthesis of proposals on the areas for support and interventions within the practice area specialization assigned.
- Ensure the effective management of the Sustainable Development programme of the Kuwait UNDP Country Office within the practice area specialization assigned focusing on quality control from formulation to implementation of the country programme achieving the following results:
- Design and formulation of some parts of Kuwait Country Office programme within the area of responsibility, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions.
- Initiation of a project, presentation of the project to Project Advisory Committees, finalization of contribution agreement; determination of required revisions; coordination of the mandatory and budget re-phasing exercises, timely preparation of project boards, closure of projects through review.
- Programme Analyst performs functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase Orders and vouchers approval (if authorized by Senior Management), participates in recruitment processes for projects.
- Support creation of strategic partnerships focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis and research of information on partners, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in partnership building and advocacy.
- Provide advisory services to the Government and ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues.
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country policy goals.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in environmental science, natural resources management, environmental economics, political or social sciences or related field.
- Up to 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing management advisory services and hands-on; experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Demonstrated exposure and experience in sustainable development issues particularly strong familiarity with energy, environment, climate change and management of natural resources in the context of international development is most desirable and will be deemed a strong comparative advantage.
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Nationality of Kuwait.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.