Deadline: 17 February 2023
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Monitor Programme’s budgets ensuring that funds are properly allocated and reported upon and take corrective action if required; inform management of any budget issues that may require attention;
- Provide support to budget holders in the preparation of the Periodic Budgetary Reports (PBR), and related work plans for the division as needed;
- Prepare projects’ budget revisions in consultation with budget holders;
- Respond to a variety of routine queries and provide clarifications on Programme matters; inform management and team members of processes, procedures and timeframes to secure administrative services needed for Programme execution; initiate correspondence to verify data, obtain additional information on transactions and budgetary matters;
- Review data quality and maintain office records and reference files on various subjects; compile and synthesize data from various sources to support financial analyses on Programme; generate periodic or ad-hoc management reports;
- Coordinate the full array of administrative and financial actions related to staff management, non-staff support, travel, payments, and procurement;
- Provide procedural guidance to Programme Assistants (G-4 level) and other staff in the work unit;
- Review and make recommendations to improve current programme administration procedures and processes;
- Perform other functions as required.
Applicant must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- 4 year’s of relevant experience in the provision of programme/projects support services.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.