Deadline: 23 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Monitor both Regular Programme and Projects budgets ensuring that funds are properly allocated and reported upon and take corrective action if required; inform management of any budget issues that may require attention.
- Provide support to budget holders in the preparation of the Periodic Budgetary Reports (PBR), the biennial Programme of Work and Budget (PWB) and related work plans for the division.
- Prepare projects’ budget revisions in consultation with budget holders.
- Respond to a variety of routine queries and provide clarifications on programme and project matters; inform management and team members of processes, procedures and timeframes to secure administrative services needed for programme/project execution; initiate correspondence to verify data, obtain additional information on transactions and budgetary matters.
- Review data quality and maintain office records and reference files on various subjects; compile and synthesize data from various sources to support financial analyses on programme/project activities; generate periodic or ad-hoc management reports.
- Coordinate the full array of administrative and financial actions related to staff management, non-staff support, travel, payments, and procurement.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- 4 year’s of relevant experience in the provision of programme/projects support services.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English.
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.