Deadline: 28 January 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Athens, Greece.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will be responsible to support the Education section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks, to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Facilitate the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery.
- Collect invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Service Gateway.
- Prepare and maintain records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Support the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintain office calendar and arranging meetings.
- Provide travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies.
- Liaise with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Maintain and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Prepare and maintain records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carry out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs) and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 5 year’s of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in Greek and English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.