Deadline: 6 May 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Tehran, Iran.
The Programme Assistant will support the respective section by carrying out a range of procedural, administrative and operational tasks to help develop, implement and monitor the programme, ensuring timely and effective delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform following functions-
- Support to programme development, planning and execution
- Compile data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Prepare and maintain records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carry out transactions, ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions, when necessary.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Provide support on budget allocation, revision and utilization, , as well as on financial closures.
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, and advises on actions for decision and follow up.
- Prepare and maintain records, documents and reports for the monitoring of project/programme implementation.
- Support in resource mobilization
- Compile and organize information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Compile and organize data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
- Gather and share information, as needed, in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
- Provide logistical support to capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Experience in health and development programmes and/or humanitarian contexts is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Farsi is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Iran.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.