Deadline: 27 August 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Aleppo, Syria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Programme Assistant will perform specialized and standardized to support the effective delivery of livelihoods activities assisting vulnerable, food insecure communities.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support the overall implementation of livelihoods activities for the Field Office.
- Ensure the implementation of livelihoods activities through all stages of the project management cycle, from engagement with technical cooperating partners, project design and implementation, with a focus on the achievement of results and quality of activities.
- Compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports and operational plans for livelihood activities, in order to support operational decision-making.
- Ensure and perform accurate, timely recording of data for livelihood programmes and ensure consistency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare evaluation reports and assess impact of field-office livelihood activities.
- Identify and implement capacity building and training needs for Cooperating Partners to ensure effective implementation of livelihood programmes.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within Country Office Livelihood Unit.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible work experience related to food security, early recovery and livelihood programming.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.