Deadline: 27 August 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Aleppo, Syria. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will perform specialized and standardized to support the effective delivery of livelihoods activities assisting vulnerable, food insecure communities.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Support the overall implementation of livelihoods activities for the Field Office.
- Ensure the implementation of livelihoods activities through all stages of the project management cycle, from engagement with technical cooperating partners, project design and implementation, with a focus on the achievement of results and quality of activities.
- Compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports and operational plans for livelihood activities, in order to support operational decision-making.
- Ensure and perform accurate, timely recording of data for livelihood programmes and ensure consistency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare evaluation reports and assess impact of field-office livelihood activities.
- Identify and implement capacity building and training needs for Cooperating Partners to ensure effective implementation of livelihood programmes.
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within Country Office Livelihood Unit.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible work experience related to food security, early recovery and livelihood programming.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at WFP.