Deadline: 27 March 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant (Livelihood & VAM) in Qamishli, Syria. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Assistant is responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Conduct vulnerability and food needs assessments according to guidelines provided by the Country Office.
- Gather relevant food security information from key sources in difficult to reach areas through innovative means and according to guidelines provided by the Country Office.
- Verify data reliability and support data entry of food security assessments and market prices.
- Coordinate regular collection of market prices according to specifications provided by the Country Office.
- Prepare regular food security updates on areas of operation under the Field Office.
- Support the development of livelihoods and resilience programming in the area of operation.
- Liaise with the concerned authorities, partners and other stakeholders on livelihoods and resilience building projects.
- Undertake project identification, development, monitoring and technical supervision of livelihoods projects.
- Assess the training needs of relevant partner staff and support the design and implementation of appropriate capacity development training.
- Prepare regular implementation progress reports on livelihoods projects.
- Contribute to documenting lessons learnt and best practices in livelihood and resilience building programming in area of operation.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- 4 years of progressively responsible programme or operations field work in community, or area development, of which at least 1 year was closely related to food security, local development, early recovery, livelihood or environment programme functions.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit at WFP.