Deadline: 13 August 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Bonn, Germany. The duration of this post 2 years.
The Programme Assistant is responsible to timely process and handling procurement and contractual aspects for medicines, vaccines, medical supplies and consumables.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant the following functions:
- Draft correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit. Independently composes and finalizes correspondence of administrative nature.
- Revise unit correspondence, reports, and documents for proper form and (non-technical) content.
- Take notes at meetings. Types reports and other documentation.
- Scan, record, refer and follows up correspondence and documents, evaluates the urgency or critical nature of items, and brings them to the attention of the responsible staff. Informs and reminds responsible staff of follow-up dates and deadlines for response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate.
- Use GSM, monitors aspects of the implementation of activities and availability of funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved projects. Assembles draft background for planning, monitoring and evaluation exercises. Inputs duty travel recommendations and issues reminders re follow up, records project/programme monitoring and evaluation notes.
- Make administrative arrangements for country and inter country activities including preparation of various committal documents related to procurement of goods and services, arrangements of study tours and duty travel in accordance with the approved programme budget/collaborative programmes with countries.
- Assist in the organization of meetings held in-house or in Member States (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops, and symposia), i.e.: makes administrative preparations, including organization of practical local arrangements, advance transport of documents/equipment and hospitality. Provides administrative and secretarial support during the meetings, and pays per diem to participants if required. Prepares administrative reports.
- Establish and maintain the unit’s filing system of technical documents and correspondence. Creates background files and compiles reference material as appropriate. Accesses and retrieves information from relevant databases and updates as required.
- Respond to and acts on telephone enquiries. Assesses the critical nature of technical enquiries and refers them to appropriate staff for reply. Coordinates appointments for supervisor and organizes programmes for visitors.
- Provide briefing and guidance to all staff on general office practices and procedures; assists/replaces colleagues in the team and performs other related duties as required.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the secretarial/administrative field.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software, note taking and operation of computerised systems and databases.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of German.
- Nationality of Germany.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.