Deadline: 5 December 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 6 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist to provide a proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports; compilation of returns on funds disbursed to the regional health bureau.
- Facilitate with follow-up of Direct Financing Corporation (DFC) returns due from the regional health Bureau.
- Facilitate processing of financial transactions and follow liquidation as appropriate. Compile support documentation of disbursements done through Direct Implementations (DI) Purchase orders and submit to central office.
- Assist with coordination of procurement of goods and services for regional office in liaison with the central Logistics unit. Compiles requests for the procurement of goods and services; acknowledge receipt of goods and services.
- Draft correspondence on own initiative or based on instructions; or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other staff concerned.
- Ensure proper administration of physical facilities and office arrangement for team members including office equipment, furniture and supplies for WHO office at the region.
- Facilitate regional office staff members in utilizing their leave days. Monitor leave applications for Special service agreement contractors and share the information with central unit.
- Provide admin support to the team members including processing of correspondences; requisition of office supplies and inventory; Maintaining a filing system.
- Assist in the Regional (Hub) Office with logistical arrangements as necessary (i.e. hotel booking, accommodation, travel, transport, per-diem payment to external participants etc.)
- Maintain a database including contact information of counterparts, resource persons and supervisors from the regions.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional technical staff team, including arranging appointments and maintaining schedule, receiving visitors, placing and screening telephone calls and answering queries related
- Liaise with ICT central unit to facilitate the regional staff on their ICT requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent technical or commercial education.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or another UN agency an asset.
- Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
- Expert Knowledge of English (Read, Write, and Speak).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.