Deadline: 5 December 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist to provide a proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports; compilation of returns on funds disbursed to the regional health bureau.
- Facilitate with follow-up of Direct Financing Corporation (DFC) returns due from the regional health Bureau.
- Facilitate processing of financial transactions and follow liquidation as appropriate. Compile support documentation of disbursements done through Direct Implementations (DI) Purchase orders and submit to central office.
- Assist with coordination of procurement of goods and services for regional office in liaison with the central Logistics unit. Compiles requests for the procurement of goods and services; acknowledge receipt of goods and services.
- Draft correspondence on own initiative or based on instructions; or redirecting them as appropriate, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other staff concerned.
- Ensure proper administration of physical facilities and office arrangement for team members including office equipment, furniture and supplies for WHO office at the region.
- Facilitate regional office staff members in utilizing their leave days. Monitor leave applications for Special service agreement contractors and share the information with central unit.
- Provide admin support to the team members including processing of correspondences; requisition of office supplies and inventory; Maintaining a filing system.
- Assist in the Regional (Hub) Office with logistical arrangements as necessary (i.e. hotel booking, accommodation, travel, transport, per-diem payment to external participants etc.)
- Maintain a database including contact information of counterparts, resource persons and supervisors from the regions.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional technical staff team, including arranging appointments and maintaining schedule, receiving visitors, placing and screening telephone calls and answering queries related
- Liaise with ICT central unit to facilitate the regional staff on their ICT requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required or instructed, including providing support to other areas of work.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent technical or commercial education.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or another UN agency an asset.
- Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems an asset.
- Expert Knowledge of English (Read, Write, and Speak).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.