Deadline: 2 December 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Drafts correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit.
- Revise unit correspondence, reports, and documents for proper form and (non-technical) content.
- Scans, records, refers and follows up correspondence and documents, evaluates the urgency or critical nature of items, and brings them to the attention of the responsible staff.
- Monitor aspects of the implementation of activities and availability of funds for project/programme budget levels and financial expenditures, according to the approved projects.
- Make administrative arrangements for country and inter country activities including preparation of various committal documents related to procurement of goods and services, arrangements of study tours and duty travel in accordance with the approved programme budget/collaborative programmes with countries.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support during the meetings, and pays per diem to participants if required.
- Access and retrieve information from relevant databases and updates as required.
- Coordinate appointments for supervisor and organizes programmes for visitors.
- Provide briefing and guidance to all staff on general office practices and procedures; assists/replaces colleagues in the team and performs other related duties as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the secretarial/administrative field.
- Proficiency in the use of standard office computer software, note taking and operation of computerized systems and databases.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.