Deadline: 11 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Jordan.
The Programme Assistant will be responsible to collect information, maintains records and prepares documentation and correspondence pertaining to programme activities.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Utilize existing VISION system and carries out tasks for programme/project implementation and supports current Programme Assistant to summarize information reflecting current obligations and future programme and/or budgetary implications.
- Utilize existing VISION system to support the personnel contracts and travel authorizations.
- Responsible for all Education Section procurement including utilization of VISION system to support service desk orders.
- Provide budget analysis to the section on bid proposals, contracts, and partnership agreements.
- Maintain logs, files and updates records in prescribed format for subsequent use.
- Prepare and maintains all official correspondence for the section.
- Process and examines the information and data in accordance with instructions received, making necessary abstracts and computations.
- Support current PA to maintain and keep current registers and control plans on the status of projects at the formulation, implementation and operational stages.
- Prepare background material, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions; take minutes of internal section meetings and any other meetings when required.
- Provide administrative support to the section for the planning and organization of internal section events and for the maintenance and inventory of education office supplies.
- Perform other duties, as required.
Applicants must have-
- Completed Secondary School education.
- Five years of relevant office experience, including record-keeping and processing of information.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Skills in various forms of communication especially responding to media requests.
- Ability to analytical work in an organized manner.
- Ability to draft clearly on relevant issues with creative expression.
- Ability to research, analyzes, evaluate and synthesize information.
- Fluency in English & Arabic languages.
- Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.