Deadline: 30 April 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Mbabane, Swaziland.
The Programme Assistant will support the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring their country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Support to programme development, planning and execution:
- Researcher, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Draft project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitor and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results:
- Prepare monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.