Deadline: 22 May 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Beirut, Lebanon. The Duration of this post is 8 Months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in database management in Lebanon Country Office, including implementation of new programmes and activities such as the enhancement of the Digital Safety Net Management System to be able to manage the direct and indirect platform users.
- Assist in the preparation of a proper and detailed documentation of the current database and new developments.
- Assist in the preparation of the offload balance requests related to the Government card and the OneCard, keeping track of such offloads either to be returned back to such users or to be loaded back to the newly replaced cards.
- Design, develop and deploy WFP web and mobile applications to manage the e-voucher through a user friendly web interface.
- Collaborate with staff and teams to develop, format and deploy content.
- Assist and support in the upkeep and maintenance of the web application.
- Assist in the creation of web user interfaces for the system while ensuring a secure access to the information.
- Assist in the preparation of Statistical reports related to the Prepaid Card System and analysis of the o
- Work closely with various stakeholders on the management of beneficiary information for the distribution and uploading of funds on the prepaid card for both the voucher and cash assistance.
- Prepare and coordinate web updates and application changes.
- Fix bugs, troubleshoot and resolve problems emerging throughout development process.
- Research and propose software programs that are compatible to the future technologies and are essential to the continuity of the project.
- Assist in the follow up with the field offices and the financial service provider on the e-cards related issues and coordinate with UN agencies and NGO’s on the beneficiary information and ecards activities.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school education or post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a field relevant to database management is a plus.
- At least two years of progressively responsible experience in Database and Web Applications Development or any other related field.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.