Deadline: 8 July 2019
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The Programme Associate will work with and provide support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide technical guidance to the CO and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects; including the finalization of FACE forms.
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets.
- Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the CO resource mobilization efforts.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, CO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance.
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or other related field.
- Specialized national or international certification in accounting and finance is an asset.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Excellent knowledge of UN financial rules and regulations and results-based management is an asset.
- Experience in the use of ERP system is an asset, in particular Atlas system.
- Experience in supporting a team.
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as in local language (Tok-Pisin) is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.