Deadline: 19 February 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide assistance in support of the planning and implementation of the Global Maritime Crime Programme (GMCP) activities.
- Research, compile, analyse, summarize, and present basic information/data on specific programme/project related topics.
- Compile, summarize and enter data on project delivery; develops related status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery, budget overruns, etc., and brings to the attention of management.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the Regional Coordinator.
- Review delivery timelines and donor reporting requirements assists in compiling information for preparing donor reports.
- Serve as focal point for administrative coordination of programme/project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, e.g. travel arrangements, trainings, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc; carries out relevant functions in Umoja in relation to Programme operations.
- Draft correspondence on budget-related issues and prepares and updates periodic reports, graphic and statistical summaries, spreadsheets, etc.
- Provide general office assistance; responds to complex information requests and inquiries.
- Review, logs and routes incoming correspondence.
- Set up and maintain files/records; organizes meetings, workshops, handles routine administrative tasks, such as maintaining attendance records, assessing telephone billing, etc.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Degree in business, management or public administration (or relevant) corresponding to 4 years or more of post-secondary education is required.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area is required.
- Experience in working on technical cooperation projects is desirable.
- Work experience in and knowledge of SAP is required.
- Experience in spreadsheet and word processing applications is required.
- Experience in grants, project and fund management related modules in Umoja is highly desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised fluency in English, i.e. oral and written proficiency, is required.
- Knowledge of other UN official languages is an asset.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.