Deadline: 19 February 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide assistance in support of the planning and implementation of the Global Maritime Crime Programme (GMCP) activities.
- Research, compile, analyse, summarize, and present basic information/data on specific programme/project related topics.
- Compile, summarize and enter data on project delivery; develops related status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery, budget overruns, etc., and brings to the attention of management.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations for the Regional Coordinator.
- Review delivery timelines and donor reporting requirements assists in compiling information for preparing donor reports.
- Serve as focal point for administrative coordination of programme/project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, e.g. travel arrangements, trainings, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, etc; carries out relevant functions in Umoja in relation to Programme operations.
- Draft correspondence on budget-related issues and prepares and updates periodic reports, graphic and statistical summaries, spreadsheets, etc.
- Provide general office assistance; responds to complex information requests and inquiries.
- Review, logs and routes incoming correspondence.
- Set up and maintain files/records; organizes meetings, workshops, handles routine administrative tasks, such as maintaining attendance records, assessing telephone billing, etc.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Degree in business, management or public administration (or relevant) corresponding to 4 years or more of post-secondary education is required.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area is required.
- Experience in working on technical cooperation projects is desirable.
- Work experience in and knowledge of SAP is required.
- Experience in spreadsheet and word processing applications is required.
- Experience in grants, project and fund management related modules in Umoja is highly desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised fluency in English, i.e. oral and written proficiency, is required.
- Knowledge of other UN official languages is an asset.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.