Deadline: 13 June 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Associate (Operational Information Management) in Yerevan, Armenia. The duration of this post is 3 months.
The Programme Associate will support different functional units in implementing the programme activities of WFP Armenia.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Associate will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical support and assist in the development of systems and tools that support effective Operational Information Management (OIM), performance reporting and inter-unit information management in line with WFP policies and practices;
- Collect, analyse data and prepare reports using information obtained from internal and external sources to maximize the exchange of intelligence between the Country Office functional units and external partners;
- Support collation, analysis and communication of information related to the programme implementation in order to facilitate access to timely, accurate and consistent information presented to stakeholders;
- Produce high-quality maps and infographics, as requested;
- Act as a bridge between Partnerships, Communication & OIM and the Programme Unit to feed advocacy activities with qualitative and quantitative analyses, insights and material to improve the quality and data/results-driven efforts of the team with internal and external stakeholders;
- Support implementing and keeping up to date corporate systems and provide data support to ensure availability of consistent and accurate information;
- Locate and process Geographic Information Systems (GIS) datasets and contacts from various agencies and partners;
- Use a range of GIS tools to manage data collected by partners, WFP Programme and other functional units to create a common operational picture, contributing to programme-related strategic decision making;
- Collect, analyse and process quantitative data on food security, malnutrition and poverty rates, among others, that are relevant to the production of infographics and Vulnerability Analysis and Mapping (VAM) analyses;
- Collaborate with counterparts from government institutions, UN agencies and NGOs to ensure consistency of data in food security, nutrition, education and school feeding-related information and to complement WFP owned analysis and information;
- Perform other related duties if required.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Economics, International development, Statistics, Information Technology, Business Management or other relevant field.
- At least 4 years of experience in information management, data analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), quantitative/qualitative analyses, visualization and design with an emphasis on web and mobile technologies.
- Strong analytical coupled with qualitative skills; Ability to analyse and interpret information and draw out key messages; Ability to easily grasp and put into action new ideas, concepts and approaches; Strong computer and statistical analysis skills; Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; Capacity to perform statistical and econometric analyses using statistical, information management and data visualisation software packages and systems (such as Arc GIS, SPSS, STATA, TABLEAU).
- Fluency (level C) in English and Armenian languages; working knowledge (level B) of Russian language is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at WFP.